Wednesday, December 19, 2007

12-Christmas-Things-About-Me-Hoopla...

1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE (in case you didnt understand I LOVE) Christmas Music. I usually break it out about a week before Thanksgiving. I love all types because I love all the remakes they are all so funny.

2. I am married to a bah Humbugger. It doesnt always match up, BUT for the first time in ever he is almost done with his own shopping for me YEAH!!!

3. I love watching my kids trying to figure out what they got. How excited they get. Its fun.

4. My Christmas' past always make me more into the Christmas spirit because my mother doesnt celebrate Christmas. Which meant I always decorated my own room and had lights in my window but the rest of the house looked sooo drab.

5. After this year we are going to the 3 present rule (because my children fight over who gets what!) and we are happy with that. Lots of my friends already do this and it has us intrigued.

6. I love what Christmas symbolizes vs. what it has become. It really irritates me to see Christmas being hyped in Sept! Or lights up before Thanksgiving HELLLOOOO Let me get through ONE holiday at a time.

7. This year we do not have lights up because my baby has been sick and my son has had a ton of appts so I have been super busy... normally they go up on Dec 1 though.

8. I prefer only Blue and White... I know shoot me. I hang up blue and white lights outside and blue and white on the tree. The ball ornaments are frosted or blue. The kids ornaments go haywire... dora, elmo, trucks, homemade etc. (so sad but even my stocking is blue and white!)

9. Christmas cards are wonderful I love them but rarely get them out on time. Sometimes never lol.

10. Even though I am not of other religions I love the idea of midnight services. Something about it just brings so much more to the day than nothing at all so I have been known to attend Midnight Mass on those nights.

11. I am a planner... I am already planning next years presents and we havent gotten through this years... but I also am done with all my shopping and have pretty much been since Thanksgiving LOL!

12. I love snow. I love snowy Christmas (like Cindy) I dont get as into Christmas when I am in a warm climate. It depresses me to be hot on Christmas.

Ok, I'm suppose to tag specific people, so here goes Lena,Kathleen,Heidi (if you want) and Meadow ..... Here's the rules........

1. List 12 random things about yourself that has to do with Christmas
2. Please refer to it as a 'hoopla' and not the dreaded 'm'-word
3. You have to specifically tag people when you're done. None of this "if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged" stuff is allowed...then nobody ends up actually doing it. The number of people who you tag is really up to you -- but the more, the merrier to get this 'hoopla' circulating through the blogosphere.
4. Please try and do it as quickly as possible. The Christmas season will be over before we know it and I'd like to get as many people involved as possible.
5. If you want to -- please give me, Cindy, some link-love as the 'Hoopla-Creator'. I love new blog-traffic.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Thanks for playing along. So tell me about the 3 present rule. You've got my undivided attention.....

We hang blue and white lights up outside, too, not this year, but usually. :)

Heidi said...

I have no idea how I missed this entry... You must think I'm a bah-humbug-er myself for not participating... :P I'm a looser! ;)