Friday, March 2, 2007

How do I know thee?

When it comes to your children do you honestly think you know them well and you have raised them well? Sometimes I really wonder on this. Granted my oldest monkey is severely ADHD and has issues because of this BUT is that really an excuse for her doing BAD things? I want her in counseling but when we put her back in counseling honestly she was missing either the SAME class EVERY 2 wks OR the whole day of school. The class she is missing is English which is pretty much a class she SHOULDNT miss. KWIM? Anyways she is also getting to that hormonal period as she is going to be 12 very very soon! She fights with us and argues and is literally driving me crazy. Now you CANNOT leave ANY money out anywhere or you can kiss it goodbye cuz if she sees it she takes it. I am sooooo frustrated. What can I do? I cannot take her back to the hospital for counseling because that drive, the parking situation, the hike up to the docs office then the hour weight then 1/2 hour hike and 1/2 hour car ride back is just a bit much. Your looking at 3 1/2 hrs fro ONE counseling appt depending on the time she goes ... if she goes in the afternoon your looking at the time that most of the military is getting off here so traffic coming out of the hospital is bad... you come in the morning your looking at civilian traffic being bad... you go in the middle and then she misses school altogether because you went in the middle to be blunt. School for her starts at 720 gets out at 150 her last TWO hours is English. Her first hour is PE (which is her only failing grade) So really I need something better than the hospital for her... like someone with evening office visits or saturdays. I know they have them cuz she did this at our last duty station and it worked SOOOO MUCH better. It wasnt at the hospital either but civilian ones.

How do you teach your children (who in my case should already know this as we have TRIED getting it into her head MANY MANY times) not to behave like a thief? I am soo frustrated with her and her whole attitude she wont even admit she stole like 10$ from me. EVEN if I HIDE it which it was in a very good place I swear she is a dog and can sniff it out. I hid it in what I honestly thought would be a VERY GOOD SPOT! I put it in an empty tampon container under my sink. So why was she in MY bathroom AND Under MY sink? Who knows.

I am thinking of going into her room and taking our her non essential stuff... stereo, toys, anything that isnt her bed and clothes basically. What would you do?

1 comment:

QueenMeadow said...

I would take her non essentials for sure. She can earn it back or even "buy" it back with allowance, or extra chores, until she is caught up on how much she has taken from you.

I hope you find a counselor that will work for your/her schedule. And summer break is coming so that should help a bit too.